This one is for Janell and Marian. A few years ago I remembering Janell relating a funny experience that happened with Marian while she was in her early teens. She called her Mom up very tearfully to ask her if she would bring her curling iron to school for her because her bangs had gone flat. I am not sure if Janell complied or not--I was too busy laughing at the senario.
Yesterday, Nikki called me from school (she's 13) to ask if I would bring her a different pair of pants. Apparently the ones she was wearing (she had to wear them for the band festival because they were the only black ones she had) were driving her crazy and they kept slipping down. I sympathized and told her no. Just so you don't think I am entirely heartless, I did advise her to get a good hold on them so they didn't slip entirely down and that I would see her after school. I hung up to a series of "But Mom's!". It is a good thing she doesn't have bangs!
2 comments:
Loved the flat bangs. These two blogs made our day. Laughter is a wonderful health builder, combined with the spiritual experience above is a combination that is unbeatable!
I can see the heavens, relatives and the Savior, with a big smile on their faces.
Love,
Linda
P.S. It's fun to be the first post on both!
I wish I had the problem of having pants actually slipping down.
Tell Nikki I feel her pain!
Post a Comment