Sam is a walking ball of creativity. He usually has a costume of some sort on, even if it is just a hat or pin or jacket. He spends most of his day creating things. One week he spent hours making his very own golf set because he saw that his cousins had golf sets. He knew it would do no good to ask his parents for a set so he made his own. He found wood and cardboard in the garage and one roll of duct tape later he not only had clubs, but he had made a golf bag to put them in, a ball dispenser on the side of the bag and a little container to put into. Now the fun is in making the stuff, it has only been played with a couple of times since.
Two years ago, Preston bought a base guitar. Sam decided he wanted one and made one out of cardboard and rubber bands. It actually played sounds. He could imitate a real rock n roll dude while he played.
Last year he made an army of robots out of milk jugs. I eventually had to put a stop to that one when there started to not be any room in their room for the beds. He also made his own canteen out of a milk jug just by taping a padded envelope and rags around it.
The list goes on but most recently during one of our family home evening hot dog roasts, he made his own fire to cook his hot dog over inside of a mandarin orange can. He found little twigs and leaves, etc. and kept his fire going. Unfortunately, after an hour and still a very uncooked hot dog, he had to finish on the big fire. It did, however, cook his marshmellow very well. It was pretty cute. (he would probably hate that word) Devin called it "dinner with a show".
His latest craze is Army and you will see his fatigues in the picture. He is constantly bringing me the knees to patch. He doesn't want them to wear out! I guess it is time to make another trip to Army Surplus.
I am afraid that his Mother is not always patient with his creativity. He tends to make really big messes. A lot of his inventions seem to disappear over night. haha
The moral of this story is--I love my Sam! I hope that Heavenly Father will give me enough patience to see how truly special he is.
5 comments:
He is en engineer in the making, just like Marian's Ethan. I am so impressed with all of the cool things Sam has made! It is always heavenly when kids can keep busy for hours on end making things.
Mom always said John was happy as long as he had a roll of masking tape in his younger years :)
I'm grateful every day for the diverse personalities in my own family. I love each one of them! You are truly blessed, Karen, to have such wonderful children. Lots of love to all of you!
He is so cute. I love the hot dog fire. Smart boy!
That was me above. We're sharing the computer while Mom is visiting and I forget to check an see who is logged in.
Okay BOTH the comments above are me. Apparently I only think I know how to log myself in!
Post a Comment