Monday, January 9, 2012

An example Set

Okay, so I really don't like fast Sundays--not because of the going without food, but because the second the sacrament is over my kids start in on me with, "Mom, do you have a testimony?" "Look at all the other Mom's who have testimonies", "Kade, our Mom doesn't have a testimony, doesn't that make you sad!" " I wish our Mom had a testimony". This continues through the whole meeting sending me into pangs of guilt for all the times I pestered my own Mother to bear her testimony. Sorry Mom!!! My standard answer to all of these comments is, "After you".

The thing is--you know all those people who get up and say the spirit was speaking to them and they just couldn't NOT get up. Well, that never happens to me. I am perfectly content bearing mine in my heart--not in front of the whole ward while I stutter and bawl and blow my nose. I bear beautiful testimonies in my mind! haha

Sunday, Abby (age 7 soon to be 8) all of a sudden stood up and climbed over all of us. I thought, where is she going? Well, she marched up to the stand and bore her testimony. She looked terrified but was quite content when she came back and gave me a big hug and said ,"Now its your turn". I bore my testimony--how could I not. Then she gave me a big hug and said, "You are the best Mom in the whole world". Totally worth it.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

So sweet! She is darling.

Delores said...

Very brave girl! Cute story.

M. Nelson said...

What a girl! And that is why we were meant to be parents. Don't you think?