Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wedding

I know...it was in June but I am still recovering.  School having started is helping though. haha  Here are some pictures from Ashley's wedding.  I have to say it was a beautiful day.

It wasn't without it's hiccups though.  Apparently Janell wished them on me.  We made it to the temple okay but then they wanted a marriage license.  Ashley had forgotten that little detail.  She turned to me and said, "Mom I forgot the marriage license."  I said, "Well where is it?"  thinking that I would need to go home and get it.  She said, "Mom I gave it to you!"  I said, "Sweetheart, you didn't give it to me."  She said, "Mom, yes I did.  I gave it to you back in APRIL when Tony was visiting so that I wouldn't forget to bring it."  I had no memory of this--none!  Couldn't conjure up even a small image of it in my head.  They couldn't get married without it!

Mark, Ashley, and I headed for home.  Mark broke a few speed laws while I prayed that I would be able to find it.  I kept asking Ashley if she could remember seeing me put it anywhere.  She couldn't.  So....I thought to myself, "If she had just given it to me, where would I have put it?"  We walked in and I checked the front of the filing cabinet and there it was.  I was shaking.

When we made it back to the Temple, Tony's whole family was waiting outside.  His Dad gave me a tentative thumbs up and I gave him two BIG thumbs up.  They all stood up and cheered.  We were only 5 minutes late for the ceremony and didn't have to be moved to the end of the day!  Yeah!  There were no tears from me.  I was too happy that they weren't NOT going to be able to get married because of me. haha

The rest of the day went pretty good with only a few forgotten items that had to be retrieved from our home which was only 5 minutes away from the church.  Now the pictures.  Devin was my photographer along with Nicole.  Love you two!

My handsome boys with my favorite daughter-in-law.

Temple.

Leaving the temple as Mr. and Mrs. Shupe.

Ashley and brothers.  She looks a little stressed.

 Backdrop.




Display.

Tables.

Guestbook.

Treats.

Overall.

Cake table.

Nikki's awesome cake she made them.

Bored brothers.

Line.


 Devin's awesome table he made them.

The kiss hand-er-outers.

Long Night.

Their car.

Favorite Photographers.

Me & my man.

Driving away.




 Few!  Glad that is over!  It was a wonderful day though!










No comments: