Wednesday, January 6, 2016

My Last Eagle

I say this truthfully because I earned every one of those Mother pins for my boys Eagle Scout Awards.  Now it is finally done!  Yeah!  I am so very, very, very happy!  Did I tell you I'm very happy we are done with Eagles!  haha

Sam spent the Month of October and most of November beginning and completing his Eagle Scout project.  His Mother really pushed hard when she realized that all her children would be home for Thanksgiving and we could hold his Court of Honor while they were here.  He made it by the skin of his teeth, whatever that means.

He chose to follow in Kade's footsteps and make wooden toys for the Humanitarian Center.  This time they wanted small cars, airplanes, trucks with a trailer attached carrying a race car, and blocks.  It took a lot of work but he organized it well.  He got his troop to help cut out toys and sand them. He and Abby and Mark and I finish sanded them and then they were ready to paint.  They just wanted us to base coat them so Sam called a small army of his "lady friends" to come and paint.  It was fun to see him sitting in the middle of a bunch of girls totally at ease.

I was proud of him for finishing and doing such a great job.

Here are some pictures.



No comments: