Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Essentials Kit

Well, it is time for blogs about our wonderful awesome trip we were able to take with Ken, Janell, Linda, Mom, and Turley. Janell alluded to a rough trip out that she left to me to explain so here goes. We left the Rimington's at 4:30 a.m., made it through security only to sit on the plane for 1 1/2 hours while they tried to fix a part on the plane. This caused us to miss our connecting flight. The airline managed to put us on another flight but Mark and I were flying into Buffalo, New York, while everyone else was flying into Rochester, New York. After the stress of the situation subsided, we decided that this would be okay because Buffalo was on the way to Niagra which was our first stop and they would pick us up on the way.

Now comes the fun part. Because Mark and I went to Buffalo, our luggage didn't make it. We were quite upset about this until the airline agent said not to worry, that our luggage wasn't lost--it was delayed. Mine was back in Detroit and Mark's was in Rochester! He then proceded to tell us that we would be receiving an "essentials kit" complete with T-shirts! Now I don't know how many of you have ever watched Brian Regan--he is a comedian. He does a monolog about "essentials kits". It is hillarious so I posted it for you to watch. We couldn't quit laughing. We couldn't believe that we were going to get essentials kits. We couldn't wait to call our children!

Our "essentials kit" consisted of a little bag with a T-shirt, deodorant (the size of a quarter), toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shaving cream, soap, a little laundry soap and a hairbrush---none of the above was big or high quality---still we couldn't help laughing. We spent the next day at Niagra in our "one size fits all" t-shirts, no makeup, and no hair straightner.

Our luggage did eventually catch up to us and we were none the worse for wear but had something to laugh about. I hope I never receive an essentials kit again!


4 comments:

Dana said...

Okay - I REALLY need to go see this guy. I've heard a ton of great things about him, but had yet to see a clip until your blog. Thanks so much for sharing! I'm officially hooked.

Now he just needs to make his way back to the good ole Salt Lake City. (or we should have just made our way up to your house - I hear he's performing in Idaho Falls tonight - my neighbors are headed up).

Janell said...

When I think of that flight out, it makes me laugh. Of course, we weren't laughing at the time! :-)

grammie kim said...

You kill me, I want to go on a trip with you and Mark please!!! It would be like traveling with the Griswold's.

Gail said...

Just caught up on your blog - great pics and stories!